Hi everyone! I hope you are enjoying your weekend. Today I am sharing a recipe that I found in a Spanish magazine and it is just delicious. It uses fresh pears and if you are anything like me, who is quite fond of fresh pears, it will be hard to resist grazing on them while making this. I made this for a birthday and it was quite a hit. I hope you enjoy it too!
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
80 g brown sugar + 2 tablespoons
60 g butter
A pinch of salt
100 g flour
30 g cocoa powder
120 g milk
4- 5 pears (about a kilo)
You also need an 18 to 20 inch cake pan with a removeable rim.
- Preheat oven to 200ºC
3. Put the eggs in a bowl with the 80 g of brownsugar and beat them.
4. Melt the butter in the microwave for a few seconds.
5. Add the melted butter, a pinch of salt, flour and cocoa to the eggs and beat until well incorporated.
6. While still beating, gradually add the milk. Set aside.
7. Peel the pears and slice them thinly. you may want to use a mandoline for this but I did not have one at the time and just used a very sharp knife.
8. On the base of the cake pan, put a thin layer of the chocolate mixture and spread evenly. Arrange some pear slices in a circular even pattern. Cover with an even layer of chocolate and repeat until all the pears have been used, finishing with a layer of chocolate.
10. Take it out of the oven, let it come to room temperature and remove the rim. Carefully remove the base and the parchement paper and place on a serving plate. Serve as is or sprinkled with powdered sugar.