The other day I bought some fresh black beans. They looked so beautiful and I just had to have them.
I had no idea what I would do with them but I knew I would find a recipe. Tonight there are some football matches on television and I was thinking of easy food to munch on while watching them. This is a fantastic recipe that I adapted from one that I saw on Allrecipes . It is a salsa but it can be eaten as a salad as well. My husband had hever tried anything like this before and I think he had some doubts about it. A salsa like this is common on a Mexican menu but not so much on a Spanish menu. He tried it yesterday and let me tell you, he proceeded to tell me that I just had to make it again! As you know, good things should be shared so here it is!
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans or fresh beans
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel sweet corn, drained
- 4 roma (plum) tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 avocados, diced
- If using fresh beans, soak them for at least 8 hours or so in cold water. Then boil them on medium to high heat in a pressure cooker for about 20 minutes.
- Mix black beans, corn, tomatoes, red bell pepper, onion, parsley, lime juice, vinegar, salt, and black pepper in a bowl; fold avocado into the mixture. Cover bowl with plastic wrap, putting it right on top of salsa; chill at least 2 hours.
Serve with tortilla chips or enjoy iton its own.
I have taken this recipe toFiesta Friday . Do check out other boggers’ recipes! 😊
Enjoy! xxxx Natascha