Today is my anniversary! Three years married! Where did the time go? Well my hubby is quite keen on After Eight chocolates and I made these to surprise him. He was thrilled! I hope you like them too!
200 g de good quality dark chocolate
100 g unsalted butter
100 g brown sugar
75 g chopped almonds or other nuts you prefer
75 g flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 package of After Eights (Keep them in the fridge until the moment you need to use them)
Optional: Icing sugar to decorate
1. Over very low heat, melt the butter and chocolate. Stir to incorporate well.
2. In a bowl, beat the eggs and sugar well for about 2 minutes.
3. Add the almonds or nuts you choose to use.
4. Add the chocolate and butter mixture and mix well.
5. Add the flour and baking powder. Mix until just incorporated.
6. Preheat oven to180º
7. Line a rectangular mold with parchment paper and spread with a tiny layer of butter. I used a tray that was 25 cm by 20 cm.
8. Spread half of the chocolate mixture in the pan.
9. Take the After Eights out of the fridge and spread them.
10. Now spread, with the help of a spatula, the other half of the chocolate mixture over the After Eights.
11. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
13. Take out of the oven and remove from the baking pan using the parchment paper as a handle. Place on cooling rack. Leave too cool completely before removing parchment paper and cutting.
Optional: Sprinkle with icing sugar before slicing.
This tastes fantastic on its own or with a scoop of ice cream.
Enjoy! Xxxx Natascha
Posted from WordPress for Android