I officially finished work for the summer a week ago. It has taken me that long to stop looking at the clock. During my normal teaching day, I have 7 classes and about 175 students to teach. Every day the timetable is different and the clock is important. And now here I am on Friday, and I can dictate what I will do during the day! It is wonderful! My husband goes to work earlier and comes home from work earlier. So, around 15:30 in the afternoon I have lunch ready and we have lunch together. Remarkably, the bags under my eyes have decreased significantly and I am so much more relaxed. In September, school starts again so I will enjoy the free time that I have now. One of the things I made today for lunch was this gloriously simple but delicious salad. I could eat a whole melon by myself..I love them SO much! But who would have thought that the flavour of melon would be so incredible with ham? Just genius!
- 1 Galia melon
- 100 gr of sliced Serrano ham or other cured ham
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 sprig of fresh mint
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Cut the melon in half and remove the seeds.
- Using a melon baller or round spoon take out spoonfuls of melon.
- Set aside the melon rind to be used as a bowl.
- In a bowl, mix the melon pieces and ham together and put them in the melon rinds. Put the salads in the fridge.
- Mix the orange juice, vinegar, olive oil , salt pepper and mint. Taste to see if you want to add more juice or vinegar etc. Drizzle over the salads when ready to serve.
You must be logged in to post a comment.