This is so good with a cup of tea or coffee! Normandy is famous for its culinary creations with apples and after tasting this, you will know why! This cake is golden inside and so moist it could melt in your mouth. Definitely a winner! 🙂
200 g baking flour
5 g de baking powder
250 g sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
Pinch of salt
3 medium eggs
140 g unsalted butter, melted
60 g milk
3 sweet baking apples, peeled and sliced (Reserve the slices of the third apple for the topping)
A round 20 o 22 cm wide baking pan with a removeable ring
1. Preheat oven to 160ºC
2. Spread the baking mold with butter a sprinkle with a bit of flour.
3. Sift the flour and baking powder in a bowl. Make a well in the center and add 150 g of the sugar, the vanilla sugar, the salt, two of the eggs, the milk and 60 grams of the melted butter. Mix until well incorporated.
4. Add the slices from the first two apples and mix gently. Pour into the baking mold and then arrange the slices of the third apple on top.
5. Bake for 20 minutes.
6. While it is baking, prepare the cream. Take the remaining 80 grams of melted butter and put it in a bowl. Add the 100 grams of sugar and the third egg. Beat well.
7. When the 20 minutes are over, pour the cream over the cake and bake for anorher 30 minutes or so. Keep an eye on it during the last 5 minutes or so to ve dure it does not turn too brown. Test if it is ready with a toothpick. It should come out clean.
8. Let it cool for 20 minutes in the mold before removing it. You may have to use a knife to loosen the sides a bit.
Have it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Or chill it a bit and enjoy it as it is.
Enjoy! Xxxx Natascha
Posted from WordPress for Android